Danish MP Publishes His Photo Near Jaw Prison where Abdulhadi Al-Khawaja is Held
2023-03-17 - 2:13 p
Bahrain Mirror: Danish MP Karsten Hønge, who is taking part in the 146th inter-parliamentary union in Bahrain, called for the immediate release of prisoner of conscience, Abdulhadi Al-Khawaja, who holds the Danish citizenship.
Hønge said in a tweet: "Standing in front of the prison in Bahrain where Danish citizen Abdulhadi Al-Khawaja is serving a life sentence. His crime? Standing up for human rights and freedom of speech." He also attached a photo of him standing near Jaw Prison in Bahrain."
"Weakened by 12 years of torture everyday counts! Free Al-Khawaja now," he added.
Amnesty International sent an appeal yesterday to release prisoner of conscience Abdulhadi Al-Khawaja. Besides, Danish and Norwegian MPs participating in the IPU conference called on Bahrain to release Al-Khawaja and transfer him to Denmark to receive treatment after his health deteriorated.
- 2023-06-06British MP Charged with Racially Aggravated Public Order Offence
- 2023-06-05Sheikh Al-Daihi: No One can Silence Bahraini People's Voice with Imprisonment, Torture and Killing
- 2023-06-05Friday Sermons at Imam Al-Sadiq Mosque Contains "Legal Violations", Justice Ministry Claims
- 2023-06-05Saudi Arabia Executes 3 Youths from Qatif over Fabricated Charges
- 2023-06-04MoI Threatens Al-Markh and Karimi Obsequies of Using Force if They Hold Events Commemorating Imam Khomeini